El Presidente


Well, the cats out the bag. What a weird saying. 

I'm so proud of myself. Too modest? I'm sorry but a lot of hard work went into it. It also wasn't done overnight - it was seven years in the making. When do you ever get to say you are a President, even if it's for a company? One hell of a company might I add. It was very surreal. You didn't think I started this blog just to tell you about my daily activities, feelings, emotions, for gym selfies in the mirror with the hashtag #gymflow or what I'm up to on the weekend.. hope not.



I wanted to do my part in changing the world and won't stop until we do. Our vision was very simple. We wanted to make an impact. We wanted to showcase the best trainers in a positive light - they are exceptional at what they do best. They are your best friends, scientist, researchers, advisors, therapist, drill sergeants, role models, inspirations and more importantly - family. I would never be here without a solid team. We paint our own path of success and I've been waiting to share the exciting news.

I updated my FB status to finally share the news after we had sent out the newsletter. Our newsletter goes out to over 10 thousand people, you can imagine the nerves kicking in. I was SO nervous. I wanted to make sure our clients were happy with this direction. They've been by our side through everything. What happen next would make a gal cry tears of joy and I had nothing but warm feelings all night. I had over 240 likes on my new status update with over 50+ messages of people congratulating me and saying well deserved (what encouragement!!!). I had over 60 emails, text messages and private messages of congratulations. I had my family reaching out to me saying "we are so proud of you". I felt something like no other and that is all thanks to you - thank you, thank you, thank you. I was so proud of myself for such an accomplishment and to think - this is only the beginning. 


How hard was it to keep it a secret, such an accomplishment. 

How did it all come about?

That's the exciting part, isn't it. 

Let's take this back to 2008, when I had just started out as manager of our very first location in Kanata that had opened in 2006. I was learning from the best. I was a sponge and I had my best friends alongside me. Trial and errors make you a better person. You either choose to do the same mistakes or you choose to grow from them. We opened up our second location in July of 2010 in the Byward market. Keep in mind, we were still babies in this world of business. We had a lot to learn but we also had the best people who were advising us. We learned from our clients, we learned from our staff and the best part, we learned from each other. April 2011, we took on our third location in Wellington West (Westboro). We wanted to spend some time perfecting our locations. We didn't want to lose sight of what's important - quality service with exceptional trainers who care.

What sets us apart? That's easy -  our honesty, loyalty, trustworthiness and devotion. I'm sure you have a million questions on what does this mean for FFF in the future. You will simply have to stay tuned for the time being. As you can see, we don't like to play small but you better believe we value quality over quantity - any day.

More after the jump! (Read More)

I want to thank those around me who made it all possible. The Saturday nights I was too tired to do anything and my bestie, Kris, would stay in with me instead of going out like most girls are age were doing (our prime age might I add). My boyfriend, Michael, who is my biggest fan, supporter and who never fails to tell me daily I am on another level. My family, who understood the importance sometimes of putting work first. My team, for coming together for the win, for everyone who has ever supported us and helped us in any way. You mean more than you will ever know. 




I also want to give a special thanks to Luc and Chelsea. You may be family but you  always made it clear business is business and personal is personal. You were able to make certain moments in my life incredibly special. You always let me be me. You guided me in ways that I could possibly never repay you for. You believed in me more times than I would sometimes believe in myself. You are incredible role models and incredibly good hearted people who value those around you. I can't imagine the direction I would've taken if you had never started FFF in the first place. You've impacted thousands of people for the better. You also took whatever life had thrown at you with ease and calm. Thank you for building an incredible company with proper values and morals in tact. 

Thank you for following our journey! One love, always <3

Comments

  1. I recently stumbled upon your blog and love that it's deeper than what litters the internet today. You've made reference to the ones that make me shake my head and ask "who do you think cares?"

    Keep posting, you're an inspiration.

    Congratulations on this huge accomplishment and best of luck in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! If that's their thing, that's super cool and their readers must care. For me, it's a personal blog to showcase something!

    Thank you again for stumbling upon and for the kind words! You made my day.

    XO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts