Summer

I'd like to meet that person who knows it all. To pick their brain - just for a little bit. I like to think I have a head on my shoulders. Big difference right there. I ponder pros and cons of every situation. I am a rational thinker. I challenge myself and I have the ability to weigh out options. I've been mum taking this funny thing we call "life" in. I've learned not to react on emotion rather taking the time to think of a proper approach to respond to a situation.

It's the summer, man. It's time to enjoy the rays, the laughs, the scenery, the warmth and the pure joys of life. Time flies when you're having fun. Doesn't mean you should be disconnecting from learning and growing personally, professionally and mentally. Don't put it on the back burner. You put your goals on hold - you'll never move forward. Keep at it. Temptation will always surround you.




Here's what's been going on..

My make-up gig is frigging awesome - it's my creative hobby. I'm the incoming co-chair for the sponsorship committee for the WBN. I'm in my new role as El Presidente with SO many exciting things to come. I met up with a few gals for a WBN meeting. One of my associates gave me the sweetest compliment. She said she was proud of me for writing my mind and doing all that I do. That it was inspiring. Later in the day, I saw a long time client and friend who told me I look more and more beautiful as I age. That evening, my bestie called me to tell me that I always am the voice of reason. It got me thinking. I actually really enjoy being the voice of reason. I like thinking things out. I like pending pros and cons. Certainly an over-thinker. That day was a day full of compliments. I was thankful.

In fact - so thankful - that I have paired up with the Boys and Girls Club to start doing make-up for the girls as a pro-bono thing. What I would have given to have someone show me the basics before going to High School. It's the least I can do.

It also reminded me I haven't blogged in awhile. I don't want this to be a routine or worst - scheduled. I'm a free spirit. This is my online diary. Filling my readers in on my thoughts, my adventures and what's to come. Thanks for checking in - I hope your summer has been nothing but relaxing, adventurous, sunshine's and rainbows :)

Sharing some news.. CLICK READ MORE


 
Our dress code is all black

I love the idea of going on new adventures. My bestie and I - strive to travel and have new life experiences. We love different cultures and getting to know different types of people. Understanding different characters and different ways of living. She pushes me out of my comfort zone and I bring her back to reality. In some cases, it's vice versa.

I have a busy third quarter coming up. When I say busy - it's the can't eat, can't sleep kind. I can't help but be ecstatic! All of my dreams are coming true. I am not allowed to share just yet but when the time comes, You'll be the first to hear it! It's been a great year for FFF thus far. I can say that much.

A little downtime before we hit the next quarter. Not to mention, I did six make-up applications for a Joe Fresh fashion show this past weekend and re-vamping my website (again). All of my weekends are booked until Sept (say what?!). We have solidified our trip to Turkey. Kris and I are traveling to Istanbul, Bodrum and Cappadocia. We will be enjoying ourselves as much as possible. We have a hot air balloon ride planned out and a Turkish bath scheduled. I'll be documenting our adventures and this time - we will have video footage! We've had the nicknames Harold and Kumar since HS - it was given to us because we constantly end up with the unexpected situations and make the best out of it. 

Stay tuned as we take on Turkey. Have a great summer my loves xo





Comments

  1. I can't wait bestie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun girls!!!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. ASHLEY!! You're awesome and love reading your posts :) Good on you for doing the probono makeup too!! Keep up the good work girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a head on your shoulders! LOLZ. Doesn't everyone??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said "I like to think I have a head on my shoulders" ... Everyone has "heads on their shoulders".. The expression is " a good head on their shoulders.." Read a book.

      Delete
    2. Well someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. This is a personal blog - if you don't like it - I'd rather you not read it. Ps I read many books, it's just my French pizazz ;)

      Delete
    3. Sorry I didn't know you would take criticism so harshly. I'll remember that you will only accept comments telling you how amazing you are. There's no shame in getting a friend to proofread something... All writers do. I realize now this blog is just an ode to yourself. And just for you and Kyle I've dropped the anonymous.

      Delete
    4. Duly noted. Feel better? :)

      As a side note;

      I hate to be rude and I'm terribly sorry to even bring this up however I do not know a Sasha. I'd rather take constructive criticism from people who actually know me and have my best interest at heart.

      Thanks! Have a great Monday :)

      Delete
  5. Don't you just love the anonymous comments. If you have the guys to say it...at least have the guts to own it. Don't mess with the French pizazz! (Site note...I had to scroll up to see how to write anonymous. Quite difficult to spell.....boom no book needed)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently I need a book on how to write guts though. Oops my mistake!!

      Delete
  6. LOL you're awesome Ky Ky! Love ya

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts