In the blink of an eye

What a busy summer so far. I blinked and it was July?



July 1st was downtown FFF's fourth year anniversary. I got a text from JLB reminding me while I was at the gym working out with my trainer Mikey. I'll get into my training eventually with you - I'd love to share some tips and struggles that I faced. While I was sweating my buns off, it really put things in perspective. I started thinking of how long FFF has been around. Our Wellington location opened 3 years ago, our downtown location is now 4 and our Kanata location was opened 8 years ago. It made me really excited for the future. It feels like I blinked and here we are - 8 years later. Some might presume this is merely life passing me by. That's not what it feels like. It feels like we are living the dream. Time flies when you're having fun and I can't stress how much fun I am having. My dream was to create a workplace where it wasn't necessarily work. It was passionate people coming together and developing a plan to succeed. I'm living that dream and it's giving me the urge to do more. This is our journey - my journey. Make sure to stay connected.

Funny how things happen in a blink of an eye? Canada day is also my anniversary with my one and only. Every year he surprises me with little thoughtful touches. He goes out of his way to make it memorable. He provides exactly what I need in that moment and to think - I would have never thought I would be the type to settle down. There is a big world out there. To commit wholeheartedly to another individual. To take someone's heart in my hands. To communicate about feelings and emotions. To discuss rationale and never run from a disagreement. I always assumed my strong core values would never meet another. I was aiming for perfection that was hard to reach. I knew this but honestly, who wants to settle for mediocre? I worked hard at figuring out my values.

Maybe it was a defence mechanism. Don't get me wrong; I've dabbled in what was thought to be the real meaning of love. I like to call it: les richesses de l'amour. You can interpret this in many ways. I knew more so what I didn't want - I was fixated on what I would stand for. I didn't want to be bought. I wanted to earn it - my way. Some climb the totem pole differently- I chose not to when I had the opportunity (that I am sure most sophisticated women encounter). Funny how one experience can shake your world to value the things that should mean everything.

I went for lunch with a WBN (women's business network) member that moved here from Montreal. She asked me what do I seek out of life and what makes me happy. That was a great question to ask. It caught me off guard but I answered with a smile. I like to move forward - I love my dog, my family, my friends, my team, my surroundings and our clients. I have so many people to turn to when I need an answer for a hardship that it makes it hard not to be happy. I seek good hearted people and positive relationships.

I wanted someone who loves life, who loves family and time well spent. I wanted someone who had the same views on certain aspects in my life. I like things to be well sought out - well played - and well calculated. I need my better half to be better than me in the things I lack. Whilst of course, having common ground on happiness, life goals (and not the things money can buy), romance, passion, religion, politics, sports, world views, independence, trust and of course, knowledge is power. I wanted someone who would make me work for it but who also understood patience is a virtue. Someone who valued people. I wanted someone who was happy with the little things in life. Someone who had a certain pizzaz on life but it would never clear his judgement or deter any relationship that was at the forefront. I wanted someone who deep down loved love and honesty - just as much as I did. I wanted someone who knew more about romance than I ever would. I like looking at how far an individual has come. It's always about the journey and celebrating the milestones.

Originally, this was a regular awkward photo with a cheesy smile. I loved the background. The stranger proposed to take two photos. The first one was the cheesy smile. I felt bad making them wait for the "please take our photo op" so I was going for awkward cheesy smile with no teeth number 2. As she went to take the second photo - Michael grabbed tight, leaned in right before and hugged me close for a kiss. It looked more of a tease. The stranger at the resort captioned this photo and was so happy with the outcome. I've come to realize people love us together. That must say a lot? People we don't know see our language of love. We tried to re-enact the photo at our family Christmas shoot however this one will forever be a favourite of mine because in that moment - it was just us.

Dominican May 2013

Canada Day (Click Read More)



Canada Day was celebrating it's 147 birthday! With a smile and with a certain joie de vivre. Happy birthday Canada and fellow Canadians, be proud! Hope everyone had a great Canada Day!





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts