The dream that came true - Part 1

The Trip Of A Lifetime



I Can't believe Halloween is right around the corner.

In order for me to tell you about the wedding - I have to share the experience with you. I still have more pictures coming in.

We started our adventure by heading to Mykonos. Mike and I stayed in the old part of town. I wanted to catch up on sleep and just chill before the crew arrived. We rented a 4 wheeler and just took in the scenery. We made our way to Paradise beach, visited the shops, relaxed by the pool and had some serious alone time.




I was sooooo excited to see everyone that I wanted my two days in Mykonos to be over with so we could head to Santorini. We hoped on the ferry and made our way to Santorini.

On the boat, who do we run into? My parents, my aunt, my uncle and my cousin. Seriously, over 500 people on this boat and we run into them. I recognized my uncle by himself at a table. I keep thinking back on it and feel like the luckiest girl in the world.


I chase experiences. I totally disconnected on the trip for the first time in 10 years. All of my closest people were right there with me. My mother in law has a serious fear of flying - which I had to take into consideration when we decided on the location. It was a tough one but ultimately, being the sweetest woman ever - told us to do it and didn't take no for an answer. She would stay back and watch Reesie as well as my nephews. When you're marrying, you're marrying the fam. Barb raised Christina and 3 really great men (of course, Teddy helped too) with hearts of gold and wives that are my forever sisters. Barb made the best family for any gal to marry into it. Upon our first meeting, she made me feel so loved. Like I was already part of the family. Over the last 5 years, I call her like I would my own mother.


We arrive in Santorini on the Wednesday and check into our resort. We had a strip of restaurants down the beach. We convinced everyone the best way to travel the islands is on a 4 wheeler. If you haven't been to Santorini, you can travel the entire island in less than an hour. We met up with Mike's brother, Alan and Hope. Hope is 4 months pregnant and a total trooper. Maybe it was the hormones but we both cried when she decided to come.


The drinks were flowing on the first night and our families were coming together. It was the start of something beautiful.

On the Thursday, we had more guests arrive. By Friday, everyone was there. The party started.





I had a meeting with my wedding planner on the Friday (Anna, if you're reading this - I'm sorry!). One of my BFF's, Tania, doesn't drink. She said "Ash, aren't you meeting the wedding planner tonight?" and in an instant, I was in the room pulling myself together so that I could have my meeting. Tania ended up having to make some of the decisions for me - thanks babe. I just giggled and took it all in.



I took a picture of the venue and in that moment, I cried. I thought with everything that's going on in the world. The amount of people who are incredibly concerned with hatred and negativity. There is this beauty to look at and be grateful for. God's beautiful masterpiece. I felt blessed and incredibly fortunate. The biggest thing I was told is to enjoy it and not stress about anything which I clearly did.

The Morning Of The Wedding

We were getting ready. I apologize for the mess in the room. We wanted to be sure to eat while we were getting ready and sipping on mimosas. My maid of honour, who is practically my sister did all of our hair. We had contemplated looks but at the last minute, decided to put my hair up. I trust her 110% and she is quite talented. We didn't do a trial or anything, she's a master at her art. It was insanely hot and windy, up it went!



Our photographer, Melanie Rebane, snapped pictures of the girls getting ready. She was going from suite to suite to take shots. She documented our entire experience from start to finish and coordinated so we wouldn't see each other. We headed to the reveal where Mike saw me for the first time. Her friend, Krista Fox, happen to be doing a wedding in Crete and lucky us, we had two incredible photographers. In fact, I've never seen such talent - you have to check out their creative pictures.

We are uber romantic and value our private time. We wanted it to be just us for that initial moment. Our photographers had scouted out this incredible spot with the blue domes and a door leading to me. He would walk through the door and I would be standing there. I had the same butterflies the first time we met. I was weak in the knees. My heart was beating so fast. My hands were clammy and I was fidgety. was shaking and couldn't help but smile while tears filled my eyes. When our eyes met. It felt like the whole world just stopped for what felt like 10 minutes. We embraced and just looked out beaming pure joy and knowing this memory will last us forever.





Once the first look was done, we started making our way back and seeing what other pictures would pop up along the way. Seriously, so effing creative.





I think this is a long enough start. Pictures of the wedding to follow.



Comments

Popular Posts