Dog lovers unite

Meet Rose 
(Rosie when she may have been up to no good)

Have you met our new addition to our family? Her name is Rosie and she's a doll. 




My dad found her online and sent us the link. The rest was history. Just kidding.

Any animal is a responsibility. I tend to be the voice of reason but Mike really wanted her. 

We are going through some personal stuff in our lives right now (more on that later) and didn't think the timing was ideal. I'll touch on the details in October.

When we saw her, heard her story - it was a done deal. She was soo affectionate! Our main concern was Reese. How is she going to do with our other dog who's turning 5 in January. Reese is obsessed with Mike. I knew he would be quite jealous if our attention went to another dog. We see it already when we are at the dog park.

Back end of Reese's story. Kristine decided she wanted a bernese puppy. I told her she was nuts, she kept trying to convince me but I worked like 90 hours a week. It would be next to impossible. She asked me to go along for the ride. When we were there she introduced me to Reese. When we left, she changed her mind and no longer wanted a male puppy and wanted a female. I could not abandon him so decided to just go for it. We bonded so it was meant to be. 

I had just started dating Michael who told me he wasn't really a dog person. I even think I said I would choose the dog over you any day. When they first met, it was love at first sight. He was obsessed with him. He would care for him. Come take him for walks. Meanwhile, we had taken a break for a little bit (I had commitment issues, ahem). He would still come by and take care of my (now our) sweet boy.  

We spoiled Reese. We let him sleep on our bed. He has been our number one priority for the last 5 years! I was so worried about bringing another dog into our family.

I had been looking at shelters everywhere - we were set on another large breed. We were looking at shelters in the US - everywhere! I was signed up for notifications. 

When we saw Rosie's picture for the first time, we saw Reese as a puppy and it freaked us out. Reese has crimped hair behind his ears and I have never seen a Bernese with this. It reminds me of Albert Einstein (Fun Fact: I actually almost called him Einstein). Rosie has the same crimped hair behind her ears. 

I knew I needed a female dog this round. Reese is incredibly docile and not dominant at all. A male would intimidate him and make him ten times more jealous. 

Rosie came from Toronto. What was interesting was that she only knows how to pee on concrete. Something we've been working on with her. 

For years, my girlfriends kept saying that Reese has the identical personality to Mike. What was interesting is Rosie has mine (we determined this by observing her). 

She is fearless, bold and takes control. She is incredibly curious yet sweet. She tends to boss Reese around and he doesn't seem to mind as much as I thought he would. She tells you what she wants and does not sugar coat how she is feeling. She has a serious soft side to her and cuddles with us every night. We don't let her on the bed and she doesn't seem to mind. We did not want to disrupt Reese's space completely.

She's a Saint Bernard and they tend to get to about 140lbs. We are in for quite the ride! We don't regret a single thing and we are so happy we have given her the life she deserves. She is loving her big brother and new parents :)

Thanks for tuning in! I have a special announcement coming October so make sure to check back every couple of weeks!

XX



Comments

Popular Posts