I wish I was a mermaid



I'm back in my groove... finally. I was so swamped with playing catch up and luckily I've had an amazing team that kept things on lock down for me. I was able to completely disconnect which was highly encouraged. I had strict instructions to stay away from email and phone. They had everything under control and I was not to worry in the slightest. I did end up caving in - to which they would respond by saying go enjoy yourself - everything is fine. Things have been so busy that it seems it's exactly what I needed - some R & R with my love. I have some news that I've been waiting to share with you.

I've just completed a 12 week makeup course at Versaille Academy. It was a 3 hour class every Monday that I had signed up for awhile back. Michael had gotten me a makeup vanity station for Christmas and considering I've been involved in this industry for years, I figured I'd go for it. I'm now a certified make-up artist with a MAC discount card. Life is superb. 

Let's move on, shall we? No big tan for me, Scottish skin is so fair, it goes red. Just my luck! 

Back to my trip. Gosh, it was amazing. I was sad to miss the big party for Chelsea's birthday but I was definitely there in spirit. First we went to South Beach, we got there fairly early. I love Miami so much. It was my third time being there and the shopping is always the best. I've been obsessing over Acacia bathing suits for quite some time. Everywhere I would go, they didn't have the one I was looking for. I figured Miami would have a better selection. I went to a few places and they had the worst selection! Our day was coming to an end and I was not happy that I didn't have the bathing suit that I wanted so badly! Michael knows the cure to everything. Wine. We got dressed up and hit up Ocean drive to find some fancy eats. We ate at Prime Italian and enjoyed a heavenly glass of wine. As we were enjoying our romantic evening, Cameron Wake walks in with his family. Now you have to understand, Mike is a die hard football fan. His favourite team? Miami Dolphins. You can imagine his excitement. It would be the equivalent of seeing Brad Pitt to us. 

I know very little about the sport. Having three brothers, I only get the basics. Mike wanted to be respectful and not disturb him. We finished a bottle between the both of us, I thought to myself I had to take one for the team. I would be the one to talk to him. Mike was acting like a little girl in awe. They chit chatted, he turned out to be a great guy. I'm guessing he liked my charm too. We were leaving the next day on the cruise so headed back to our room with an incredible view of the beach. We decided to go shopping one last time and I found Atrium - they had Mikoh bathing suits. Another brand similar to Acacia - as you can see - it was my absolute favourite! I was so excited! We went on the cruise, which was the nicest one I've been on. We had the best time hitting up Puerto Rico, St.Thomas and St.Maarten. San Juan was Michael's favourite. We visited a Castle and being into Game of Thrones right now, it was actually really rad. Relevant. The town was so hip and the buildings were so colourful. St.Thomas was my favourite. You can see the pics on my instagram (@ashleyannlawrie) and on the right side. It was beautiful - I have a thing with pirates (umm, Johnny Depp, Pirates of the Caribbean?). We even had a night out - where there was a mermaid in the pool. No joke. Costume but whateves. #imameraid




In a dungeon in Puerto Rico
St.Maarten 


More pics after the jump




My handsome man taking a stroll

"I'm queen of the world"




San Juan

St.Thomas
Mermaid!

Blackbeard

Jack Sparrow


St.Thomas
Michael doing Braveheart
Relaxing by the pool
St.Thomas, I love you
St.Thomas dinosaur....




Comments

  1. Looks Beautiful Ashley !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both look stunning!
    So happy for you Ashley.!
    ..and way to step up for your Man at the Miami Dolphin table!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha thanks!! Someone had to! It was so beautiful, highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your make-up course Ash!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts