Do you believe in the Law of Attraction?

I strongly believe in the Law of Attraction - As should the entire World. No? Oprah was incredibly inspiring and preached this countless times when she visited Ottawa. I apologize in advance to my male readers but this applies to you as well. It can relate to you in many ways. You attract what you put out - common sense, right? I am not so sure. At one point, I had to take a break from social media because I couldn't take it anymore. I took a step back to analyze it as a whole. This is coming from someone who loves everything from Insta, twitter and FB. 

If you haven't read the book, I would advise you to do so or simply Google Law of Attraction. It could be life changing. I had to turn to my friend and my Wellington manager, Kat, to help me on this post. I have so much going on in this brain of mine that narrowing it down sometimes takes the people who know you most to help decipher everything. There is nothing wrong with asking for help when you are stuck. I have my trip coming up with my boytoy and it always seems you are the busiest right before you depart. I am in the process of changing my car as well as renovating my condo so I can sell it this summer. I'm over condo living - I want a home with no neighbors. I have a brat of a dog who is in his teenage dog years. He is on a drywall kick (any tips on this would be helpful). 

My sister in law Chelsea and Kat at a Ping Pong Charity contest


As you can see, a lot going on. Positive things, of course - but certainly time consuming (the drywall part is certainly not a positive!). When I asked Kat to help me with a topic - she gave me a few. If you haven't met Kat yet, she is the sweetest gal you'll ever meet. She's been through a heck of a lot and I've managed to really enjoy her character. Every time I post, she manages to encourage me with the kindest words. Alas, I turned to her when I was stuck this week. She said: "Here are some things I am curious to find out about you". It's a great feeling to see these curious questions from someone I work with.

Where do you get your drive/ambition?

That's an easy one. Drive and ambition can only come from within but not without the help of positive mentors. One of my mentors had told me, at a young age, this World can eat you alive if you're not well prepared for whatever it has to throw at you. Bad things happen all the time, it's how you respond. Stay true, work hard, nothing in life worthwhile is never easy. Have a great character, be honest and remember the Law of Attraction. 

What are your future goals?

Great question. I am guessing people would say big house, fast cars, lots of money. As a first thought? I had a mentor who told me her future goal and it was to be happy. I was young, as you know, and my mentors started young. I was so confused with that answer. Really? How did she not want riches and fine things. I have it all wrong? I went home - to our tiny house in Clarence Creek that had a flood every weekend (JLB and I were reminiscing about this just last weekend). I told my mom what her future goal was and my mom looked at me with tears in her eyes. That's all she ever wanted us to strive for. 

My mom, who is the most incredible woman ever (not just saying that cause I have to) strives for happiness too. To be happy with the person you are. She never got mad when we had bad grades - she would get mad if we lacked the ability to know right from wrong. She would get mad if we belittled others. If we had poor interaction with our peers. If we didn't stand up for what we believed in. If we were followers rather than leaders. If we didn't stick up for one another. If we were disrespectful. She herself, being married for the second time, realized happiness is key. 

The media teaches you to strive for nice clothes, fast cars, big houses. Where will that take you if you are unhealthy? It took me some time to understand what she meant by that because at the time, I wanted nice clothes so badly. Now I understand it.  I want to be happy. I want to have a happy life filled with love, experiences and more importantly laughter. I want to instill proper values, morals and work ethic in my children. I have chosen Michael to be the man to raise my children and build our future together. I want my little boys (if that's what I have) to grow up to be the man he is today. Health is the best wealth. To be healthy, well and happy are my future goals. When you work for money, you're doing it wrong. That should be a perk. I was happy with nothing and I promised myself regardless of what materials I may attain - happiness comes from within and having a good character are what I choose to continue to constantly strive for. I want the same for my children.

Did you always want to be in the fitness industry?

I had no clue. I kinda just got thrown into it - in a good way. As you know, my brother is my idol and he started uber young. I was offered to work every Sunday at the gym he would work out of. It was a bad area at the time. My boyfriend was a twin and they both would train until close to make sure I was safe every night. I got my first fake ID from there when I was 15 so that was fun. I was active as a child. A turning point was when I came to Free Form. I started off working there part time because I needed to pay for my car while I was attending school for business. My sister in law was the one who gave me that extra push in a big sister way. She showed me how to workout. I would attend her competitions and be so proud of her. To say the least, my background is business - JL was training. He is ten times more passionate about it than I am. I just relate to our clientele more because I don't absolutely love it. I just do it cause I have to. My trainer will say the very same. 

What do you do when your motivation starts to wane?

I find ways to chill out. My brain does not shut off - as I've said before - it only goes in sleep mode. I tend to find my center of gravity again. I also surround myself with the right people who can activate that part in me. I am well aware that I am the only one who will light that fire again so I need to do whatever it takes. 

Balance, how do you achieve it and be successful? 

Believe it or not, working out is my savior. I take one day at a time. I ask myself what needs to be done today and accomplish it. Balance is something everyone is looking for. I live an extremely busy life. Give yourself a pat on the back once in awhile, breathe in and get back to whatever needs to be done. I'm lucky right now, I don't have children yet. I participate in the Women's Business Network (WBN) - I admire their strength and their ability to work as hard as they do while maintaining a family life. Most of the women I admire, workout. They have someone who holds them accountable. A woman's nature is to put everyone first. I can't imagine where I would be if it weren't for my personal trainer Mikey. Finding a good one can be hard. However it's at the core of my productivity and a balanced lifestyle. I even had a client who said if there was a chart about life - Free Form would be in the middle and everything else would reach out to it. 

Wow, this was fun. If you have any questions please feel free to send me a message. I will try and get a post in before I leave. Every time I post, my views have increased tremendously. Your messages and shares mean the world to me. Peace and love, forever and always. 


It's calling my name
PS Thanks Kat! 

Comments

  1. My pup was chewing too!! Try hot sauce.. It worked for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lise! I have tried that but was unsuccessful :(

      Delete
  2. I think it's safe to say Michael will definitely be having girls.... Btw when is the wedding and plan for children??? Hopefully soon.. Don't want the kids to think he's their grand father lol.. Kidding obvi. Btw you should choose a new topic for your blog other than how amazing your life is... Maybe some of the tough things you've encountered...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be happy with a boy or girl! We've picked out names, which my mother in law would be very happy with! Michael and I have been planning - without any direction, you are going in circles ;) Have you seen Mike? He is nowhere near looking like a grand father! My brother also said men age like a fine wine. Ha! Perhaps I will talk about my hard times in depth and be more thorough. It involves loved ones who might not want me to share so many personal details but who knows! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts