I've fallen madly in love

This is no April Fools joke. 

I promise this won't be the type of blog where I feel the need to constantly tell you about how awesome my life is. I'm not self absorbed. I just really love good people. We all have ups and downs. I have key players in my world. We have world issues that are constantly happening, careers that are constantly evolving, I am constantly learning and meeting really cool people. Let's hop to it, shall we. Brace yourself, this is a mushy post. 

The first time I laid eyes on him.. 

I was working out of the three locations for quite some time. I'm very much a routine person - I would have lunch every Thursday at this delicious restaurant called Absinthe. It was easy - they knew me and knew my order. I could go in, get my work done and be served without interruptions. When National Capital Fit Day rolled around - I don't even think we slept that week. Days were mashed together. I remember running in to get my usual meal to go on the Friday (day before event) and when I walked in - Michael took my breath away instantly. I could not look away from his gaze. I could see this 6 foot dark haired crystal blue eyed man looking at me. Our eyes locked. I had no makeup and my hair was greased back (my hair day was the Saturday so it would be fresh for Mario Lopez). I was rushing from work to the venue knowing that I would be there until midnight setting everything up. 

Mario Lopez and I at National Capital Fit Day - thanks for the pic JLB


Michael tried to play it cool - he made sure to try and chit chat with me. Keep it at a minimum. I knew guys and I know when I'm being picked up. I didn't know at the time - I found out months later- he had asked questions to one of the waitresses who told him that I worked next door and I typically go every Thursday at lunch and a "What I'd give to have her body" might I add (I blushed). I was seeing someone at the time. Awkward. Even while I was at the event - running around. Getting a kiss from Mario Lopez - I could not get him out of my mind. Crazy talk, right?

Our first date...

Michael took me to Eighteen. I was so nervous and of course called my bestie up before the date. She talked to me all the way there until I got to the door. I needed to calm my nerves, what the heck was happening to me. I don't get nervous on dates - why in the hell was I nervous? I'm in control! I arrived, fashionably late. He was a total gentleman and offered to pick me up. I swooned but kept it really cordial. What if it didn't go well and I wanted to get out of there. I would be stuck with him. That's dating 101. I politely offered to drive myself and meet him there. While we were at dinner - he chose my favorite wine that was a fave for Kris and I in Italy. Match made in heaven. While chit chatting - we discussed our age. Believe it or not, we both lied. I said I was a year older and Michael said he was a year younger. It was our thing when we were dating. Don't divulge everything at once. He did have the guts to tell me he was married before - on our first date? Something in this man's eyes had me wanting more. He was honest, I love honest. 

Our second date... 

After having a big discussion with my bestie if I wanted to pursue a man who was going through a divorce (no kids, mind you) and being (at the time, I thought) 10 years older - I don't have time for complicated nor do I enjoy it. Let's be honest, no one wants to deal with a crazy ex. Granted, two sides to every story. We would be at different places in our lives. Would he ever want to get married again? Was he over it? I had to tell myself - Cool it girl. You're dating. Have fun with it. Michael had something else in him that I just couldn't turn the page and kick him to the curb. I mean, I stopped dating someone because I couldn't get over their white watch - don't ask. Canada Day was coming up four days after our first date. Kris helped me write out the text and I ended up saying I would love to see you on Canada Day. He reciprocated and said he wanted to host a dinner for me. Fireworks, amazing food and even better wine. I have a video of the fireworks on my youtube channel (on the right hand side). 

Some pics of our first chapter - early stages


Here we are two years later. Who would have thought? The minute I met his family, it was over for me. I had just come back from my trip with my best friend and Michael picked me up from the Airport to take me directly to meet them. How romantic is that? They were a piece of home. It just felt right. Family is important to me, I needed to see he was the real deal. I have a big family so I was lucky to come across someone who had a big family.


Nothing with Michael has ever really been complicated. Which makes my life easier. He would be honest, even if it hurt my feelings. He always puts me on a pedestal. Which I did for my grandmother, the woman I respected with all of my heart. All these amazing things have happen to me since I met Michael. Have I met the one for me? Who really knows. All I know is that he has the most caring heart. He is someone I can vibe with. Someone I can spend all my free time with. He loves wholeheartedly - even my own dog as his own. I also know that we have intricate souls that found love. In the end, isn't that all that matters?



Jhené Aiko - 3:16am

Comments

  1. I think it's totally great to talk about how awesome your life is! It's not about being self-absorbed, it's about being grateful for all the awesomeness in your world! More people should celebrate the wonderfulnesses in their life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen! You make a good point :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In life, the love you receive from others, will usually reflect on the love you display to others. You've showed me what true passion is. Another great post Ashley !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree and thank you! Anything to get that passion to come out :) xx

      Delete
  4. I've got to admit...I got a Lil nervous when i saw Mario Lopez !!! lol
    Such a beautiful form of flattery..Thank you Ashley.
    I'm so blessed to be a part of your life.
    I Love You

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for always supporting me, my love. I love you too xo

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts