What. A. Rush.

Such a thrill - last night was mad trill (say what?).
Numba 1
We were invited by our Partners at Calabogie Motorsport to give it a go and witness first hand what it was all about. We've also sponsored the water coolers! It's a racing track with all the bells and whistles. It's stunningly beautiful and the people were beyond welcoming.

In a few simplified words: what a rush.

We arrived not knowing what to expect. The unexpected often makes us worry. That's the best way to undergo a challenge. Your heart is pounding, your legs are shaky and you feel sick to your stomach. When I arrived I told Travis that I would just watch. The cars were a little intimidating to me but in a good way. It felt like it was raw power looking at me. I didn't want to be lagging behind.

I didn't know how to drive stick, needless to say, that was my excuse. I kept giving myself lame excuses, hurdles and obstacles. Talking myself out of it. Travis did not take no for an answer (thanks Trav). He taught me how to drive a manual car in five minutes. How impressive is that? He's a pro race car driver. We've known him for years and hands down - he is one of the best instructors I've ever met.

Once we arrived - we had orientation. I was a total rookie. Trying to understand all the terms and making sure I had it in me. I've watched Nascar. I also am not the greatest Grand Theft Auto player. I tend to break all the rules and always end up crashing into houses.

Now...
Track time. 

My legs felt like jello. He told me to not even think about it. I trust him. I trusted that he was going to guide me to not crash this powerful beast of a car. He is a pro - and an incredible teacher. He knew everything about that car. He knew when I wasn't turning as hard as I should. He knew when I wasn't braking as hard as I should. His patience and caring nature really made me feel safe.

First round was a safe one. With a viper driving right past me. Then Larry in the green mustang creeping up. I was driving fast but extremely cautious. Second round was just me, travis in my ear, the car and speed. I was leaning with the car, I was moving with the car and had become one with this car. I forgot everything that had been going on. I wasn't thinking about my to-do list. I wasn't thinking about anything but the present moment. It was an adrenaline rush that I highly recommend (only with a professional with medics on staff - safety first).

Check out the photos below:

(Click Read More)
Inside the car

Travis and I when I was done - #thrill

+Travis Hill - @travisHillRacng on twitter

Viper

JLB and our ride for the day

Calabogie Motorsports is beaut-i-ful

Larry O and his green mustang

President of Calabogie - Marc, JLB, Me and Travis Hill

Vroom Vroom

These beauties #mustang
Enjoying the water



Comments

  1. sick ash..glad u went for it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby girl, you did it! About time you learned stick... lol been telling you for years

    love you forever
    T

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts