"Vision in my head & Commitment in my heart"


This significant part of my life is a mix of personal and business. I might have to split it up for you in two parts. Explaining a personal relationship versus a business relationship can take time. For those who aren't aware - I work for my brother and sister in law. I've been working for them and alongside them for the last seven years. I found my purpose at Free Form. Let me rephrase that - I found my passion in Free Form Fitness. They've given me full reins to be myself. The best decision I have ever made was taking that leap of faith. Giving my future to Jean-Luc. Do you have any idea how fulfilling it is that I get to work with my best friend every day? He says it best, he is the dreamer and I'm the executor. It's a great mix. We had to find our groove, understand each others strengths and compliment each others weaknesses with a solid team behind us. Nothing in life worthwhile is ever easy. You would be naive to think business is a constant graph in the upward direction. It is a world-wind of emotions but the most exciting thrill in life. All I've ever wanted was to work with Luc. How amazing would it be having my brother as a boss. I could get away with anything. Wrong. So very wrong. 

The stereotype people have on working with family is false. I've had to work ten times harder to prove I was deserving of my position. I'm always up for a challenge. I made it my mission to be known for the work I've accomplished rather then being his little sister. Doesn't change the fact, I owe everything to him. My skin is as thick as it's ever been. I can only thank Luc for that. He's lifted me up. He's built me up. He's seen my potential when I couldn't even see it for myself. That's a gift. He's guided me in the perfect direction and has helped me achieve all I've ever wanted. He's picked me up when I have fallen. He's raised my standards. He's push me beyond measures. He let's me find solutions to my problems by simply listening. He is my backbone (and not just for business - for my heartbreaks too). He told me I was a catch. He told me to never settle for mediocrity (for anything in my life). My confidence stems from him. He is a firecracker with a desire to help people and be honest. He isn't afraid to speak his mind. He only wants to better the good of mankind. He is powerful beyond measure. I idolize him not for what he could and can do for me - not for what he has attained (might I add - only being 30) - mostly because he is so inspiring and a well rounded happy person. 

He is a carefree spirit with many responsibilities. His number one priority has always remained the same - to help people do better and reach their full potential. Being in his presence for two minutes, you will feel like you can conquer the world. He makes people feel better about themselves with three words. He helps people find their purpose. A talent that is very rare to come across. He is a role model to many and has been my role model ever since I could remember. Scratch that, I remember. I was like seven years old and he had decided to get the Nick Carter mushroom hair cut. It was the in thing to do then. Whatever Luc did, I had to do. Naturally, I chopped all of my hair off and rocked a mushroom bowl cut. I look back and see those god awful pictures and ask myself what in the world was I possibly thinking. 

I can't even imagine the route I would have taken if it wasn't for JL believing in me. The mistake people often make is having that feeling of entitlement. I'm lucky to have a job, I'm even luckier to have a position I absolutely love. To wake up with fire burning within me. Knowing we were and are doing something so minor to help change the world for the better. Creating awareness and having successful people regaining control of their health and reaching their full potential is something I can't even describe. The decisions we make today shape our reality. To shape your destiny can be scary. I put my blood, sweat and tears into something I am passionate about. Something I desire. Something that is self fulfilling. A thrill. I don't crumble when the going gets tough. I also know the grass isn't always greener on the other side. To live a probable life with passion, happiness and love -  is very simple - vision in my head & commitment in my heart.

Comments

  1. Excellent post Ashley! To have learned many lessons in life so young when it takes many a lifetime to learn! JL has definitely been an inspiration to all of us and deserves this recognition! I am so very proud of my family :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts