Playing Catch Up

I have soooo much catching up to do to bring you up to speed.

Since I've been unplugged for 2 years, I wanted to tell you about my bachorelette!

If you recall, the last post on here was he put a ring on it.

We began planning our wedding and most of the time it was "whatever you want dear."

We chose July 1st, 2017 as the date because it was 5 years exactly from our first date where Michael had me over for Canada Day fireworks and cooked lamb for me. Technically our first date was at Eighteen a few nights before that but it was our Canada Day date that was most memorable for me. I still remember how nervous - you know he was trying to make an impression on me.

When we figured out the date, next up was figuring out the bach. I have a serious love affair with Europe (ummm who doesn't?!) and have been going on adventures with my bestie ever since we were 20. Saving our pennies to do so.

We discussed options and having been to Amsterdam about 6 times now, we knew we wanted to bring my sisters there to witness our love for the Netherlands.

We decided July 1st, 2016 would be perfect because it's exactly 1 year from our Greece wedding.

Before being able to do that, I had Dessertfest. I also had my meeting with a possible new owner for FFF. Dessertfest was incredibly stressful as a first year event. We knew Ottawa loved desserts but could have never predicted 15,000 people show up year 1.

My first meeting with Jim, I was covered in cold sores from the stress of Dessertfest. We will touch more on that in a different post. Needless to say, I had a lot to celebrate on this trip.

We jetted off and first stop - Paris. My bestie had done a solo trip in Paris so knew where to take me. Everything was truly a surprise. I had no time to book anything, she handled every little detail and it was amazing!

We hit up the Louvre and made our way to the Eiffel Tour


From Paris, we made our way to Nice. Where we relaxed and took in some beach days.



My ultimate favourite was Eze. If you ever have the chance to head to the french riviera - you have to check it out. It's quaint, old and majestic.

The food spots were incredible and delicious.


From Eze, we made our way to Monaco.



Then it was time for the party!! We met up with Chelsea and Melanie in Amsterdam. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. I still have to figure out the videos option. In short, we ended up on a boat that was touring the canal for a staff party. They had drinks flowing, music playing. How we ever climbed on that boat, I'll never remember.














Then to finish off a trip of a lifetime with my sisters - a trip to La Duree for some high tea.



Next up, wedding pics and a special surprise xx




Comments

Popular Posts